Saturday 20 October 2012

A Glimpse Back In time

After recently receiving a warning on facebook about private messages from 2009-2010 showing on your wall I went to my wall to check it out.  Nothing of the sort, but what I did find was a reminder of why I started this blog.

As I scrolled down my page this picture popped up on my screen.
 
 
This was taken in August 2010, a year after Jake's first two concussions.  My husband took it and emailed it to me as I was not home when it happened.  I came home!  Jake did not have any serious issues with the head injury, but it did add to his post concussion symptoms and lengthened his recovery.  Thank goodness it had been long enough since his last concussions to avoid 2nd impact syndrome.

Then I scrolled back to 2009 and found these posts.....
 
Fingers crossed for Trick or Treating....fever fever go away!
 
 
oh, and I am sick of Jake being sick!!!!!! Poor guy.
  •  he is going to school tomorrow, but was off today. He was diagnosed with a sinus infection last week and is on antibiotics....but he was still complaining of head ache, sore throat and chest pains last night....he had a chest Xray today, and everything is clear so I am pretty much stumped. It seems like he has never fully recovered since he first got sick around thanksgiving! Even when his friend was over yesterday Jake said he just did not feel quite right, thus the short playdate! 
      
     
    This was the start of it all, when Jake seemed to get sick and never recover!  It was hard to read that, as now I know the answers to my questions.
     And then I read thru my facebook posts until now and noticed a recurring theme- Jake's illness, medical questions, and my occassional ranting about my tweens overtly challenging behaviuours that did not seem quite normal.  Again, hard to read.

    And then this post.....

    I plan to be an advocate for preventing concussions and for recognizing the long term symptoms. So many professionals do not see the link between these symptoms and concussions. Kids - wear your helmet and rest your heads after a head injury!
     
     And that is why I do what I do! I wish I could do more.
     

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness Jake has such supportive & caring parents!

    ReplyDelete