Thursday 17 May 2012

Mother's Day Bliss
Happy Belated Mother's Day to all you awesome mothers out there!
I was not able actually post this on Mother's Day because I was too busy.....I was busy being served breakfast in bed by my kids, sitting in the backyard enjoying my new anti-gravity chair, sipping a nice cold beer and being soaked in a water balloon fight.  It was the best day we have had in a long time!  I say "we" with a huge smile on my face.  Jake actually stayed home all day, forsaking riding with his friends to stay home and hang out with his family.  And no one asked him to.  Now, moms of teens will understand how rare it is that a teen actually spends quality time with the fam, let alone doing so on their own accord...happily!
Jake and Kali spent the whole day laughing, play fighting, and filling up hundreds of water balloons.  (Too many of which were used on me later that day!!).
Just that feeling of knowing how far we have come, despite the uphill battle it has been, seeing my kids soaking wet, laughing and joking was the best feeling in the world and I feel like the luckiest mom in the world.
My Mother's Day card from Jake.  CLASSIC!
My Mother's Day card from Kali, she knows me well, I love cherries!

No comments:

Post a Comment