Wednesday 11 January 2012

A 13 Year old's Perspective on His PCS

Jake entered a radio station contest stating why he needed to win a vacation. I found it very interesting to read what he wrote totally in his own words. (I did find it funny that he used the word "misdiagnosed", it showed me that he does listen when I share his story with others!). Here you go.... "Hi my name is jake and I am 13 years old and I am writing to you on behalf of my family. We wanna get outta here because 2011 was a huge struggle financially and emotionally. I myself have just recovered from post concussion syndrome, for 2 years many different doctors have misdiagnosed me with different things, meaning wasted money on medication that was not needed. I felt like i was going crazy with all the headaches.Now that I am starting to feel normal again I think I deserve a vacation. And spend some well needed family time!!! If you guys pick our family to go on a vacation to Cuba... I would be the happiest 13 year old on earth!!! "

No comments:

Post a Comment